EMERGING FINTECH FOR THE REAL ECONOMY
April 17, 2018
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
Rebranded as Emerging Fintech for the Real Economy, this year edition dedicates more space to discussing the latest trends in the technology sector including digital transformation of financial services, AI transformation of the banking sector, Fintech funding, regtech, insurtech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, peer-to-peer lending, trade finance as well as the regulatory landscape.
Dedicated both to established financial services and technology firms, as well as Fintech start-ups, the conference aims to bring together banking professionals, fund managers, consultants, regulators, companies’ CEOs and entrepreneurs to discuss the latest developments in the financial technology space. Our moderators encourage both speakers and participants to engage in interactive session, thus creating a live platform for exchanging ideas and debates.
Raffaella TenconiFounder and Head of Research, Ada Economics
Antonia ColibasanuSenior Analyst, Geopolitical Futures
Michal SzczurekCEO, ING Bank Romania
Radu GeorgescuFounding Partner, Gecad Ventures
Peter D’AutryPartner and Head of the Technology Practice, Pedersen & Partners
Dragos NeacsuCEO, Erste Asset Management
Ruxandra GruiaKey Account Manager RPA, UiPath
Alexandru MihailciucGlobal Head of Pre-Sales, UiPath
Andrius BiceikaHead of Country Managers, Revolut
Johan GabrielsCountry Manager Romania, Ebury
Dóra PetrányiPartner, CEE Managing Director, CMS
Stefan HaebichManaging Director, Bee One, Erste Group Innovation Lab
Robert AnghelHead of Daily Banking, ING Bank Romania
Igor MarcolongoHead of Process & Compliance, InfoCert
Cristina ReichmannPartner, Head of FIS, Capital Markets and Structured Finance, CMS Romania
Charles KerriganPartner, Banking & International Finance Team, CMS London
Razvan ButucaruPartner, Audit & Financial Advisory Services, Mazars Romania
Iulia MalioukisSenior Project Manager, Horvath & Partners
Peter RiedelHead of Illiquid Products, Debitos
Shahar FriedmanHead of Innovation Studio Tel-Aviv, Visa
James SandersProject Manager & Startup Coach, F10 Fintech Incubator & Accelerator
Adrian CighiCo-founder, Pago
Florin CioacaCo-founder & CEO, Traderion
Dorin Alexandru BadeaVice President, CFA Romania
Registration and Welcome Coffee
Opening Session: Romania and the CEE – local and regional views
Geopolitical map in 2018. Macroeconomic trends, monetary policy and fiscal constraints.
How is the latest technological change affecting economies and monetary policy globally and what are the implications for global growth.
Main Fintech trends to watch in 2018 and their impact on the real economy.
How will Fintech transform the financial sector? Fintech acquisitions versus internal innovation.
Will AI solve the demographic problem? The emerging role of AI in financial services.
Private Equity view on Fintech developments.
- Raffaella Tenconi, Founder and Head of Research, ADA Economics
- Antonia Colibasanu, Senior Analyst, Geopolitical Futures
- Michal Szczurek, CEO, ING Bank Romania
- Radu Georgescu, Founding Partner, Gecad Ventures
- Ruxandra Gruia, Key Account Manager RPA, and Alexandru Mihailciuc, Global Head of Pre-Sales, UiPath
- Dragos Neacsu, CEO, Erste Asset Management & Member of the Board, RBL
- Peter D’Autry, Partner, Head of Technology Practice, Pedersen & Partners
Plenary Session I: Digital transformation in financial services
Demystifying technologies that are shaping the banking and financial services' future.
Transformation of lending process in Fintech era; the new digital landscape across financial products.
Blockchain and crypto-currencies – where about?
Insurtech – simplifying and improving the insurance industry.
Regtech – leveraging technologies to help businesses comply with regulations efficiently and inexpensively. Regulatory status in Fintech.
- Dora Petranyi, Partner, CEE Managing Director, CMS
- Stefan Haebich, Managing Director, Bee One, Erste Group Innovation Lab
- Robert Anghel, Director, Head of Daily Banking, ING Bank Romania
- Igor Marcolongo, Head of Process & Compliance, InfoCert
- Razvan Butucaru, Partner Financial Advisory Services, Mazars Romania
- Iulia Malioukis, Senior Project Manager, Horvath & Partners
- Cristina Reichmann, Partner, Head of FIS, Capital Markets and Structured Finance, CMS Romania
- Charles Kerrigan, Partner, Banking & International Finance Team, CMS London
Plenary Session II: Fintech – coming of age?
The rise of challenger banks. Open banking opportunities.
Payments transformation with Fintech and blockchain.
Transformation of lending and trade finance.
Online platforms, an alternative for bank funding.
Robo-advisors and their impact on financial services offer.
Gamification of learning.
Fintech accelerators fostering innovation in financial services industry.
- Andrius Biceika, Head of Country Managers, Revolut
- Johan Gabriels, Country Manager Romania, Ebury
- Peter Riedel, Head of Illiquid Products, Debitos
- Shahar Friedman, Head of Innovation Studio Tel-Aviv, Visa
- Adrian Cighi, Co-founder, Pago
- Florin Cioaca, Co-founder & CEO, Traderion
- Dorin Alexandru Badea, Vice President, CFA Romania
- James Sanders, Project Manager & Start-up Coach, F10 Fintech Incubator & Accelerator