EMERGING FUNDING FOR THE REAL ECONOMY
May 13, 2014
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
One generation of private equity funds has come to maturity. Will there a new wave be coming in? Which sectors will they be looking at? Is traditional acrimony of business founders coming to an end in a way that would make 2014 a turning point in the life of the Bucharest Stock Exchange, with a unique combination of government listings and long-awaited private sector IPOs?
Romania, along with CEE and the wider Europe as a whole has witnessed for the past five years a regulatory-driven adjustment of its business models, all in the name of its investing citizens. Are we all heading now towards less regulatory changes, but more supervision and, finally, more common sense?
The conference aims to bring together the stakeholders of the real economy’s funding value chain, giving everybody a platform and a chance to speak out (concerns, debates, plans, regulations, case studies, to dos etc.)
Daniela NemoianuExecutive Partner, KPMG Romania and Member of the Board, AmCham
Dan BucsaCEE Economist, Unicredit Bank London
Bogdan OlteanuDeputy Governor National Bank of Romania
Mircea UrsacheVice President, Financial Supervisory Authority
Diana PopescuGeneral Deputy Director, Treasury and Public Debt, Ministry of Public Finance of Romania
Lucian AnghelPresident, Bucharest Stock Exchange and CEO, BCR Pensii
Marius DanInvestor Relations Manager, Franklin Templeton Investments
Cristina ReichmannHead of Capital Markets, FIS and Structured Finance, CMS Cameron McKenna
Dorin Alex BadeaVice President, CFA Romania
Jim TurnbullSenior Advisor, Local Currency & Capital Markets, EBRD
Raluca TintoiuCEO, ING Pensii
Dragos NeacsuCEO, Erste Asset Management, & President, AAF
Cristian SporisVice President, Corporate Banking, Raiffeisen Bank
Irina Anghel-EnescuManaging Director, South Eastern European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
Dan FarcasanuInvestment Director, Resource Partners
Mihai SfintescuPartner, 3TS Capital Partners
Claudiu CorcodelManaging Director, Mezzanine Management Romania
Matei PaunPartner, BAC - Investment Banking
Perry ZizziPartner, Clifford Chance Badea
Octavian ViduInvestment Manager, CEE Equity Partners
Jesper MollerExecutive Partner, Peria Capital
Registration and Welcome Coffee
Session I: Local and Regional Views. Alternative funding solutions
Macro Trends: Romania vs CEE countries.
Supporting viable alternative solutions for the real economy funding.
Making both ends meet: how low can one go with fees and commissions to make non-banking funding viable.
How “fast and furious” can a primary offering be. Lessons learned: how we did it?
- Daniela Nemoianu, Excutive Partner, KPMG Romania, and Member of the Board, AmCham
- Dan Bucsa, CEE Economist, Unicredit Bank London
- Bogdan Olteanu, Deputy Governor, National Bank of Romania
- Diana Popescu, General Deputy Director, Treasury and Public Debt, Ministry of Public Finance
- Lucian Anghel, President, Bucharest Stock Exchange and CEO, BCR Pensii
- Mircea Ursache, Vice President, Financial Supervisory Authority
- Marius Dan, Investor Relations Manager, Franklin Templeton Investments
Session II – Zooming from a short end into a long term perspective
Rethinking companies’ capital structure.
Are pension funds ready to be the steward of improved corporate governance for Romanian public companies?.
Supporting change process and structural reforms.
Covered bonds – is it for real this time.
- Cristina Reichmann, Head of Capital Markets, FIS and Structured Finance, CMS Cameron McKenna
- Dorin Alex Badea, Vice President, CFA Romania
- Jim Turnbull, Senior Advisor, Local Currency and Capital Markets, EBRD
- Cristian Sporis, Vice President, Corporate Banking, Raiffeisen Bank
- Raluca Tintoiu, CEO, ING Pensii
- Dragos Neacsu, CEO, Erste Asset Management and President, AAF
Session III Panel A: Private Equity Focus
A new day’s dawn for private equity – is it different now?
Factors that influenced venture capital investment activity in Romania.
- Irina Anghel-Enescu, Managing Director, South Eastern European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
- Dan Farcasanu, Investment Director, Resource Partners
- Mihai Sfintescu, Partner, 3TS Capital Partners
- Claudiu Corcodel, Managing Director, Mezzanine Management Romania
Session III Panel B: Investment Opportunities Focus
Challenges in the acquisition of privately-held business.
Trends in M&A transactions and best practices.
- Matei Paun, Managing Partner, BAC Romania
- Octavian Vidu, Investment Manager, CEE Equity Partners
- Perry Zizzi, Partner, Clifford Chance
- Jesper Moller, Executive Partner, Peria Capital